Monday, November 10, 2008

Since He's Been Gone

Since Corey has been gone, here are a few things I've been working on:
  • passports for the kids
  • passport for our cat Mindy
  • selling the house
  • selling our 2 cars
  • selling other stuff we aren't taking
  • going to school
  • studying for exams
  • decluttering the house
  • paperwork, paperwork, paperwork
  • preparing for my trip to India to find a home
  • about 8 trips to the doctor for 12 vaccinations - who's counting?
  • eye exams
  • physicals
  • dental appointments
  • mammogram
  • trips to the doc for kids vaccinations
  • Food Shipment

And on, and on, and on. The list is never ending!!!!! Just as I cross one thing off the list, 2 more are added.

Caterpillar is kind enough to ship food and other household goods to their employees in India once a quarter. So on October 28th, my good friend Jenny and I emptied our vans and went on a shopping spree! I loaded up my van with our food storage and stuff from Target and we also visited Sam's Club and Walmart. By the end of the afternoon, both of our vans were full! We dropped everything off at a warehouse in Peoria and Corey should be receiving it in a few weeks. Thanks Jenny, I couldn't have done it without you!!!




4 comments:

  1. It's like putting together your year's supply of food in A DAY! Way to go! Have you thought of putting your extra household items on Craigslist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can always call on me to send something to you. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karrie,
    I have bookmarked your blog and will check it often! I look forward to hearing about your adventures and seeing lots of pictures. My thoughts and love are with you! Remember to take care of yourself. Is that on your list? i didn't see it anywhere...

    See you soon,
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so that's how you avoid having to go native in your food habits here. Got it.

    ReplyDelete