Friday, February 20, 2009

Snapshots of India

Isn't she a cutie?
Housing on the side of the road

Auto Rickshaw......
Taxi Anyone?


More housing. Pretty typical all along the side of the roads.

These birds are everywhere! And they are aggressive!

I always have to close my eyes when I see this.
My fear is that eventually I will see a baby dropped.

Busses Everywhere! Usually the bus is full and the people (guys) hang on the outside.
I wonder if they only have to pay half the fare?

This is a police/traffic post on the corner of a busy intersection

Yes, the cows let us use the street sometimes

Tow-truck in reverse?

Let me just say.....I guess I'm glad they don't butcher the cows around here?
Produce section at Wal Mart......eat your heart out!

Lowe's...... in India
I wondered where Corey was running off to every Saturday?

Starbucks.....in India
Can't beat 4 rupees a cup!
(about 8 cents)
I took this picture in our backyard

Neighborhood boy
Just wanted to give you an idea of what some of our surroundings are like....
Stay tuned for Part 2.

2 comments:

  1. Woah! That boys eyes are beautiful! What fun experiences.
    How are the kids enjoying things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the pictures are great. It makes me kind of want to visit. :) I have a passport application to fill out. With dad teaching I don't know when we can do it. But some day we will.

    ReplyDelete