Saturday, March 13, 2010

A COBRA!

Well, not really........

One morning, I got up around 6:30am, went down to the kitchen to start making breakfast when the doorbell rang - which never happens at that time of the morning. It was one of our security guards (I think he was waiting until he saw a light come on to ring the bell).

In excited, broken English he pants, "Madam, madam, a cobra, A COBRA!" as he points to the sidewalk. "WHAT?", I shriek as I look at the sidewalk. Well, it wasn't quite a cobra. To me it looked like a 4-5' brown garden snake. But I didn't want to burst his bubble - I could tell he was feeling proud and scared at the same time.

Then he says, "photo, photo". So he wants me to get my camera. I don't know if he really thought it was a cobra or if he just didn't know the word "snake". So I chuckle as I get my camera and take a photo of our very "brave, courageous" guard with his "COBRA"! : )










Later, I get the real story........ Mindy, our cat, actually was the brave one who caught the snake. Apparently, she was hissing at it in the bushes and the guards went over to see what the commotion was. They said Mindy bit the snake and pulled it out of the bushes! What a brave feline!
For those of you who want to know what became of our "cobra"........ the guards stabbed it with sticks until it was dead and threw it in a garbage fire down our lane. What a way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment