Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Watermelon Season

Now that I've lived here a little over a year, I think I've decided that this is my favorite time of year. It starts about mid February till the beginning of April. I don't know what season to call it because there really isn't a "spring, summer, winter, or fall" here. So I'm naming it "Watermelon" season.

The reasons it is my favorite are:
  • It's not too hot or too cold.
  • I can wear long pants or shorts.
  • The pool water is a wonderful temperature.
  • The sun shines every day.
  • It isn't super humid yet.
  • THE MOSQUITOES ARE GOING AWAY!!!!!!!
  • Spring break is just around the corner.
  • And there is delicious, sweet, juicy WATERMELON everywhere!

And the cost of these yummy, fresh-picked watermelon are so affordable! If I have my driver buy one off the street (without them seeing me) he can get a nice one for about 80 cents. If I buy it, it's about $2.00 - still not bad.

There are watermelon stands everywhere on the streets. Take a look:


No comments:

Post a Comment